Tuesday, November 16, 2021

They Knocked Our Fence Down!

The well guys showed up today! One of the first things they did was knock our fence over... Did they bother to fix it? No... Did they offer to take anything off of the bill for it? No... I'm high-key upset. I loved this fence! It's part of the charm that made me fall in love with this place! It's very rustic-looking and I love how it went with the aesthetic of our homestead. GRR!


Anyway, the got to digging. It's an artisan well, and they have to dig until they get to it, then they have to run the pipes, and then they will set up the tank and get it all hooked up and going. Then they're going to tap off the line that runs to the neighbors house so we will be independent from them. How awesome is that? If you didn't see why, be sure to check out my last post (here https://themultimom.blogspot.com/2021/11/well-well-well.html ) where I explained about our asshole neighbors... It's expensive, but if we're going to be living here for the rest of our lives, it's the best decision.

The truck is huge! And it goes so high into the air, about as tall as the tress! It's very loud, too. I have to almost yell for Adam to hear me sometimes.


There's also a guy coming today to pick up some junk and take it off. he's charging $20 but for all the stuff he's taking off, it's a great deal! In Perryville, they would have charged $10 for each item. he's taking 2 stoves, a washer, a big bbq grill, and a mower deck that the woman left here who used to own this place. Then he's also taking 2 dryers of ours that quit working. I kept one of the dryer drums though, because I'm going to use that as a base for my fire pit when I build it next year. Just knock out the fins inside, build bricks around it, and there we go!

Well... *deep sigh* looking on the bright side of things... since the diggers knocked our fence down, I was wanting to do something like this along the driveway anyway with rose bushes and Italian cypress trees. The only issue will be coming up with the money to make it happen! Maybe space them further apart, though. But won't it look so fancy??? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment