Friday, November 19, 2021

There's A Man in the Ground!

I looked out the window today, and I wished I had thought to get a picture or video, but there was a man's head walking back and forth right at ground-level! It was kind of amusing to see! I just saw this yellow hat moving back and forth over by the summer kitchen. I circled the spot in the picture. It was about right about here:


We didn't think the well guys were going to stay as long as they did today, but I'm glad they're working hard on it! It'll be so nice to not have to worry about the neighbors shutting it off during the whole day. The first day they worked on drilling our well, they left it off until about 10:00 at night! It wasn't the well guys who did it because they didn't even need the water turned off yet. Our neighbors are just jerks.

Anyway, I got a stone box in the mail today. I'm going to use it to create a memoriam for our cat Snootz. I figured wood would warp and rot. Metal would rust. Stone was a good option. It has metal hinges, but at least the stone part of the box should last a good while (unless it ever cracks)! I'm not sure what it's made of (other than stone lol), but it has a pretty design on top, and it arrived safely.


The plan so far is that I'm going to laminate the photos so they are water proof, stick them in a plastic ziplock bag, and put them in the stone box at her grave. Then if anyone happens to come across them, they will be able to pull them out, take a look, and see all about our baby girl. I know she was a cat, but she was special to us. All of our babies are. Eventually I want to make memorials for all of them, including some of our past beloved pets, like Phantom our ferret, and Onyx, our rabbit. You can view the angel statue I got for her on my blog post here:

No comments:

Post a Comment