Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Making a Change

While I enjoyed my little refreshing break I just took offline, I had come to a conclusion. It's over.

What is, you may ask? My last ties to my ex. For a year, I have mourned the death of our love, but after a recent phone call to his family a few months ago, I've come to accept that he has moved on, and so should I.

I called and his brother answered. I just wanted to shoot the breeze, really. See how his life was going. Come to find out, his brother told me he joined the NAVY. So that means that he's taken the path of his life that he set before him, only I'm not in it. That's a good thing, actually, because that means I can move on, and I know that he has moved on, so I can accept that in his mind, he's gone to me forever.

You'll catch me talking about him once in a while. He was a big part of my life, so it's kind of expected, you know? After all, my mom always said, "You can never forget your first love". I'm just glad I can breathe again. What does this have to do with the title of this entry?

Well, when we were together, he would call me his Moon Goddess. I was his light in the dark. He, on the other hand, was the Knight of the Moon. My hero in shining armor. That, and the fact that every night, we would wish on the moon to be together one day, since he lived in California, and I lived in Middle America.

Those events led up to the term moon_wish, which became my internet name for everything. Well, I've decided that since everything has changed recently, I shall no longer go by that term, and I will be switching to the one I should have been using all along. Enigma_X *big smiles* THOSE are the changes I will be making. I guess you could call it an internet makeover? Either way, it feels good to be closing the chapter to one story, and now I begin a new one...

Current Mood: indifferent
Current Music: What About Us - Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment