Monday, February 25, 2002

I work way too hard...

This sucks... I mean, it's good that my boss (both old and new ones) thinks so highly of me, but I wish I didn't have to become a cripple for it. I mean, the job is easy and all, and it wouldn't be so bad, if only I didn't have to stand for 11 hours. That's nearly half a day of standing! I'm not used to that! Especially since I can't find any shoes that seem to help at all. It hurts bad enough when I'm at work, but when I get home and get off of my feet? Good luck getting back up! Once I sit down and give my feet a rest, I can't stand back up without wanting to cry in pain... It feels like knifes are going into my heels :-(

But if I keep focused on the money, I believe I can keep going... It's just the pain... And I wish it wouldn't keep me out so late that I miss a lot of my friends online. My bestest friends live two hours away from me, so the only way to keep in touch with them is through the internet, and I also have a lot of online friends now that I'll miss talking to. Especially Tempy. He goes to bed too early, in my opinion. hehehe ;-D *glomps him anyway, though he's sleeping* It's a good thing, though. At least if he gets enough sleep, he won't fall asleep in his classes, making the mistake I did. When I worked at KFC, they used to keep me there until about 1:00 in the morning, so I ended up falling asleep in class all the time. I did a lot of bad things that I shouldn't have in school, but the point is - stay awake in school, and do your homework! *big smile and thumbs up* If only I took my own advice... oy!

Anwaaaay.... back to the subject at hand... What was I saying? My brain has been scrambled from all that...oh yes! Work. That was it. Speaking of... It messes me up when I'm there too long, too. I go to answer the phone, and I start stuttering like Professor Quirrell! (For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about - he's a Harry Potter Professor who stutters a lot.) I'm all like - Hello! Th-Thank you f-for calling Casey's Carry-Out Pizza. Th-This is Candice, m-may I help you?

At least I'm off tomorrow... I just dread what's coming up... I won't have ANY days off for quite a while, and I'll be working the standard 4-11:30, so I won't get to talk to my evening friends... *sighs with frustration* Gotta look on the bright side, though. At least it's not 11 hours!

So now, I'll quit talking about work, and move on to other subjects. Geeze... Seems like I can't escape it. You would think I would be happy that I'm getting "promoted", but it makes me aggravated off that it means more work! But that's the way the system works... At least when I'm zoning out, in case which my body works like a robot, automatically making pizzas, while my mind is off in it's own little world, at least I get to come up with journal entry ideas. So... onto a fresh new post.

current mood: frustrated
current music: Movies - Alien Ant Farm (darn you Amber! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment