Monday, February 25, 2002

Song Dissection, Come What May

A song to dissect...

Ok, ok... I couldn't resist... I had to post the lyrics about Come What May, and talk about them... but I still will not admit to being obsessed with the movie. I am not obsessed with Moulin Rogue... I'm not. And that's that. Simply put. Hrmph!

What? You don't believe me? I never get obsessed with ANYTHING. I swears upon the precious. What's that? You think I'm lying? Would I lie to you? Don't answer that... Okay, OKAY! I'm obsessed with Moulin Rouge. THERE. I SAID it! Sheesh... ;-)

Anyway... What I plan to do is put the lyrics in bold, and write my dissection of the song in regular print. I know, I know. It's bad to dissect a song because everyone sees and feels things differently, but I wanted to pick one and talk about how or what I think or hope about it. It's actually a good way to reflect on things. So... here goes.

Never knew I could feel like this...
Like I've never seen the sky before.

When a person falls in love... Their whole world seems to change. The world seems much brighter... The sky looks more blue than it ever could have. You take notice in such beautiful, wonderful things. And when one feels that way, it's like - you never thought it could have been possible.

Want to vanish inside your kiss...
Everyday I love you more and more.

When you are with the one you love, and are truly in love with them, your whole world could just melt away, as long as you had them. And sometimes you almost wish it would. All you want to do is live and breathe them, and escape from everything and everyone else.

Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing?
Telling me to give you everything.

One's heart... *shakes head with a smile* One's heart is good at having one do strange things for love. Doing things they wouldn't have bothered with before. They take down boundaries they have spent a lot of their lives putting up. They change themselves just for that person. They would gladly give up everything just for that person, and that person's love.

Seasons may change, winter to spring...
But I love you until the end of time.

Changes may happen. Even the world all around will take it's tosses and turns. But no matter what changes take place, the love will always remain.

Come what may... Come what may,
I will love you until my dying day.

No matter what happens... No matter the changes... No matter what crises, happy moments, or downright deathly days come around, come what may, two people who really love one another could make it though anything. They could last though everything. All, until they can't love anymore. When they die. That's something I long for the most. Just to have someone all to myself to love madly, and have them love only me just as much, forever and always.

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place.
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.

When in love, nothing else in the world that is going wrong could possibly matter as much as the risk of losing your love. But since you are in love, why care about it's petty problems? Not when you have the only thing that matters in your life right next to you. But... Since you see nothing wrong with it, it now appears to be more beautiful than you could have ever imagined. You take in the more beautiful things of life with a better recognization. Romeo and Juliet no longer is a story about tragedy, but one of great romance.

Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste.
It all revolves around you.

Without someone to lighten up your day, one can feel downright useless... So hopeless... Like they have nothing to live for. That all they did in their life amounts to nothing without someone to share it with. That one special person you love is that key.

And there's no mountain to high, no river too wide.
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side.

Again, no matter what the obstacles... Just remember that come what may, you two are there for one another. Your love can get you through it.

Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide...
But I love you until the end of time.

Storms may brew, giving you nothing but lightning strikes of problems everywhere you turn... Stars may collide, and the end of the world might come near. But no matter what, as long as you die in that person's arms... As long as you two are together... That can be all that matters. You could die happily with them, or even more sadly... for them.

Come what may... Come what may,
I will love you until my dying day.

Again, no matter what. How wonderful that must be... The rest is just repeated lyrics, no doubt to proclaim that they have that love, and insist that no matter what, they will love one another, even saying it one more time to announce it to the world.

Oh come what may... Come what may
I will love you...
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Come what may... Come what may,
I will love you until my dying day!


*sighs* Maybe I'll be one of the lucky few to get such a thing someday. One only knows I understand it well enough. But yet, love is blindness. I could even be so blind to it not to even see it's there. Sadly, I always seem to be on the outside. I just wish there was someone to come along, take me by the hand, smack some sense into me, and just let me know directly. Maybe it's been there all along and I just can't see it? Maybe it just needs to hit me like a ton of bricks for me to realize it... But maybe people are like me, and don't want to push anything into coming to be. Maybe they just want someone to tell them directly, as well... Maybe I should stop waiting, and be the one pursuing instead...

Regretfully, I feel I will never be touched like that. Maybe I just feel too deeply about love. Or maybe I just want it so much that it thinks I can wait and won't lose interest in it before it gets to me, but by then, I'll be old and haggard. I would rather die of a tragic heartache than wait that long.

If there is one thing that drives me to the point of losing any sanity I have left, it is love. It can be so cruel as to turn it's back on you, taunting you with people you can't have, but fall deeply for. And then again, it can be the blood of life, being what you thrive on, and could live the rest of your life upon.

Maybe that's how it is. We do live our life on love, and whomever has the richest blood is more successful in love, and maybe those who are ill of it don't have as much love in their life. Anyway... I'll quit rambling now, and post this. That was my song dissection #1.

current mood: melancholy
current music: Come What May - Moulin Rouge Sountrack

No comments:

Post a Comment