Tuesday, February 26, 2002

Work and Dream Stuff

I'm actually ready to go back to work today. After all, it's a Tuesday, and I'm hoping I won't be TOO busy. I said that if there was a night when I wouldn't be making too many pizzas, and my feet wouldn't hurt, then I wanted to give the place a good scrub down. It needs to be cleaned, badly. Previous workers didn't take care of it too well, and it shows. And from the looks of things, I'll still be off tomorrow, and the next few days won't be so bad, either. It's that many-day-in-a-row thing that I don't look forward too...

I had an interesting dream last night. It involved this odd cartoon that I had watched a little while before going to bed (I don't know what it was called), and some video games. I also dreamed about a quiz that I had taken a few days ago. Both things were mixed, and the video game was about the odd cartoon.

I tried playing it, but had no idea how it was supposed to work. It involved some joysticks, virtual reality hookups (headgear, gloves), and may other attachments, in which I couldn't even recognize. And then this stranger, some guy around my age or so, had come in and started playing it, showing me how it was done. When the game was all over, that is when I recognized the characters on the game as from being on the cartoon. I hadn't noticed before. Since the game was over, and we didn't have much to do, we started talking, getting to know one another.

Then the bad part came. He lit up a cigarette. I could smell it thickly, too. It probably came into my dream after having trying to hold back the choking at work, when my boss was talking to me, and her trails of smoke from her cigarette kept getting right in my face. If you don't know this already, I do NOT like cigarettes. I'm a singer, why would I?

Then in my dream, our families knocked on the door, and said we were all going to go out and eat. They had been getting to know each other, and that's why we were stuck in the room playing video games together. So we all went off to dinner, and then I quit dreaming.

I'm glad that my mom woke me up early, though, so I could spend an hour or so online. And this way, it gave me time to change my attitude about work before going in today. So now, I'm off to read posts the the X-Men board that I play on, and to reply if it doesn't freeze up my computer with all of those pop-up ads, since this computer is soooooo ooooooold. That, and I'm going to read my friends' journal entries. I try to read all of them, because it's a good way to see how their lives are going, and what they have been up to, even if I don't get to talk to them most of the time. *smiles*

Current Mood: calm
Current Music: When I Come Around - Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment