Friday, February 22, 2002

Money and Work

Work is vile. Work is evil. Work is just something some cranky old square had made up because he didn't like the idea of "easy money". Why do we even have money? Let's just do away with money all together, and make replicators. Then, everyone will have what they want, and then won't want any more. Money is all just a scam anyway! Where does it come from? It's not grown. It's not like tomatoes. You can't just say "Okay, I could only grow so many tomatoes this year, so I'll trade you 10 tomatoes for 5 cucumbers." No, no, no... Money can be MADE. That's why those who make it are so rich. They can make as much as they want, and then set out as much as they want for all of us to fight over. And why do we? Because we think they money system works. Does anyone ever think about those higher up who are in charge of it? Digital money? That's a joke! Digital money doesn't even exist. It's just an idea in our heads based off of a credit system. Once again, it's there because we think the money system works. One added 0 on a keypad can make all the difference when it comes to money done digitally. It's all very, VERY ridiculous! It all just depends on who is in charge.

Bah... I'm just tired, that's all. I had worked a Friday... Fridays are hell for pizza makers, if a hell existed. That's when EVERYONE wants pizza! But at least I had gotten a paycheck. My first one for this new place. Only $75 for working three days. I feel quite good about that.

Sadly, I got my first injury at this new place, too. It's about a two inch gouge on the side of my leg, where a piece of plastic dug into me while I was dashing over to answer the phone, and it ripped me open. I had to answer three phone calls before I could tend to it, too. *sniffles* Luckily, it didn't hurt too bad. Actually, it's swollen and quite numb right now... *wonders if that's a good thing or a bad thing* Most likely a common thing, I suppose? I hardly get hurt like that so I wouldn't know. After all, I'm the one who has never had any broken bones! :-D

Anyway, I came home tonight hoping to be online for a while and to chat, but I forgot that my mom was going to be home tonight. She's home tomorrow night, too, which means I probably won't be able to get online that much. I really need my own computer! And I know she's just looking out for me, too, not wanting me to be online all of the time, but... I just LOVE the internet so much! *petpet* It's like a way for me to access the world that I don't really ever get to access living in a small town like this. The good thing is that I only work from 5-8 tomorrow night, which, of course, is 6-10 board time, so maybe I can catch up then. For now? i must take a shower and go to bed like a good girl... girl, so I must depart.

*hugs and kisses*
Sweet dreams to you all.
Me.

Current Mood: working
Current Music: What About Us - Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment