Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Time Traveling Dream

(Note: This is a previous journal entry made a long time ago, when I used to use DeadJournal as my main social journal writing place.)
Wednesday, February 20th, 2002

Well, I had a dream that I remembered last night, since I slept like a sleeping fiend. This one, was set around the time of Leave it to Beaver. You know... with the whole "perfect family" ordeal...

Well, it didn't start that way. It started in the present time. I think I was in love with this guy who was waaaaay too much older than me. Well, if it hadn't been for his mind-set that age matters, then I'm sure he would have loved me too. So here I was, crying in my dream, when a few strangers, who looked like really cool geeks, (two guys and a girl I think) had told me that they could assist me.

They had said that they had made a time traveling machine, and wanted to test it out. One was also involved in psychology and was part of the testing. And since I was in the perfect kind of situation that they were looking for, they asked me if I would accept the mission. I, of course, agreed. That way, I could kill two birds with one stone. I'd get my love story, and they would get their research.

I don't remember exactly how... It was like a wave and ripple in the sky, and suddenly, everything around looked newer to me. I was in a park, by the way, sitting on a bench. And the trees... they were all so colorful and leafy. Everyone around was dressed in skirts, dresses, their hair was all neatly in place. The guys were in slacks and ties, and had their hair slicked back. It was the perfect little town.

The people who were with me, the cool-looking geeks, they were now dressed like hippies, and I would be the person to act in between the squares and the hippies. My goal - to get my love interest to change from being a "square", to being more of a hippie, and to give him the idea that age really and truly does NOT matter. Then, when I would return to normal time, I could try hooking up with him.

Well, I eventually found him, and we had a nice chat. But my time was almost up. Sort of like a Cinderella scene. I only had so long before I had to return home, so after we had started talking and getting to know one another, I was soon saying my hasty goodbyes, and hurrying along. I had returned to the present.

Well, they said we could try going again, but this time, I would have to avoid seeing myself. I agreed. So I returned to the point where I had just said goodbye, watching myself leave. That was a neat feeling. *smiles*

I let the guy walk alone for a bit, and popped in again. We started talking more, and I introduced him to the idea. He said it was a good one, and I let him try on my hippie glasses. He looked pretty cool wearing them. From what I can remember, I know that he finally became a cool dude instead of a tightwad.

Then I returned to the present and quit dreaming. I never got to see what happened. I hope things turned out for the best. I slept without any dreams that I could remember for a little bit longer, trying to get back into the dream, and then my mom woke me up.

Current Mood: curious
Current Music: No More Drama - Mary J. Blidge

No comments:

Post a Comment